Tuesday 17 October 2017

Fancy | Viva Las VegaStamps Guest Designer


Hi everyone!
Super excited to share this with you today! If you are a regular follower of my work or blog, you will already know how much I love my stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps. So you can imagine how thrilled I was when the amazing DeeDee Catron contacted me to ask if I would do a guest design spot for them?! Ummm...let me see...hell yes please!!
So I set to work with my stamps and this is the first piece I created...

"Fancy"

This 12x12" mixed media layout began with a fun Snap Chat selfie, white cardstock and my stash of Viva Las VegaStamps. I started by adding some subtle blue watercolour to my background using Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust and a wide brush; before using my stamps to define the focal areas of the page. Some of the images were stamped directly onto the cardstock, whilst others were pre-stamped onto tissue paper and adhered with a gel matte medium. 


I then used my Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Cubes and a waterbrush to add colour to some of the images. I also flicked some spots of colour around. 
Once the paint had dried, I started adding the other elements of my page. For the small cluster at the top, I layered a piece of red paper doily, some torn pieces of glitter washi tape, messy cotton thread and a Charms Creations butterfly heart.


I used many of the same elements from my top cluster in the main area of my page - another paper doily, washi, cotton thread; - along with some spotty tissue paper; a die cut glitter cardstock frame; and the beautiful Gossamer Butterfly image I had stamped onto tissue paper. To add the butterfly, I simply cut the image in half and incorporated it into the layers under my photo. I only adhered it at the inner edge, which allowed the delicate wings to float free.


I then added my title (a Pink Paislee foam word from my stash); my line of journaling; and I used the "Incredible as it seems" stamp to add some text around my page.
Here is a full (linked) list of the VLVS stamps I used:




I have more Viva Las VegaStamps goodness to share later in the month, so stay tuned.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: