Tuesday 16 August 2016

Wish | Show Us Your Stuff August Challenge

Hi everyone!
Popping in with another of my design team shares for you today, this one for Show Us Your Stuff. This is yet another layout I created whilst away on retreat, and was for this month's SUYS challenge that was designed by Anita Rodway...


It's probably important to remember that what some people would consider "ugly" paper differs from others. I found some reeeally old Kaisercraft papers in my stash that I deemed ugly, only to have a few people at retreat tell me they didn't think they were that bad. Well they were definitely the oldest thing I had, so I went with that.

And here's what I created...


As you can see I used lots of mediums on this page to transform my ugly papers. That's the beauty of mixed media - you can take something that you don't like and turn it into something you are happy with!

Included in my layered mediums were my fave Flutterby Designs Flutter Colour paints and my fave Colour Blast Colour Paste (steel). The Colour Paste was applied through a Dusty Attic stencil available from D-lish Scraps.


I also used lots of embellishments from D-lish Scraps including washi tapes (which I tore into small pieces and added to my background layers); resin flowers (from a previously released Just Add Paper kit); and sequins. I added extra texture behind my photo using crumpled printed tissue paper and gauze.


For my main embellishment cluster, I used a Charms Creations DIY heart, which I altered to match my layout by painting it with mist and then added some stamping over the top. I layered it with a D-lish Scraps dip dye printed tag, tied with twine; and a D-lish Scraps flair button, which I nested on some cotton thread.


The black foam arrows are from Burdy's Embellies; and you can also see some stamping I added to the background using a grid stamp and one of my roller phrase stamps.

I was really happy with how this one came out, and especially with the fact that I used some paper that was never going to see the light of day again otherwise! This is a great challenge to get you using up some of that old stash that you look at now and think "why?"
Entries for this challenge are open until the end of the month, and with a fabulous prize from Flutterby Designs up for grabs, what are you waiting for?
Happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous layout, love how you have covered the back ground with paint and stamping and it doesnt look like ugly paper.. I have worse! hehe!