Saturday 20 August 2016

August Projects | D-lish Scraps

Hi everyone! Just popping in to share a round-up of my August projects I created for D-lish Scraps.

Starting off with this layout I completed last month whilst away on retreat. It features a photo of my gorgeous boys on the morning of their 4th birthday.

"4 Today"

I started this layout by creating my background using a mixture of mists and gelatos applied with plastic packaging to give a watercolour effect. I then added some stamping using my Scrap FX Hash stamps; torn strips of washi tape and navy mist splatters. Finally I added some Colour Blast Colour Paste using a Dusty Attic stencil (Distressed Grid), to give my background some textured dimension.


I created layers under my photo using a 5x7 chevron bag; grey paper doiley; lime tissue paper (from a previously released Just Add Paper kit) and gauze. I also used a Corbett Creations wood veneer word to form part of my title (which I coloured white).


I also coloured some of my all time favourite wood veneer stars, and then dotted some D-lish Dots Enamels around my page.


The second part of my title came from a Heidi Swapp embossed number 4, which I coloured using a gelato to match my background. I layered this on top of a dip dye printed tag tied with twine and used a shaped paperclip to secure it to my photo. I also added a flair button and more stamping using a roller phrase stamp and date stamp.


The next layout I am sharing was based on this month's 'Geometric Crush' Inspiration Board Challenge, using the coordinating Just Add Paper kit.

Here is the board...


I used the palette and pictures from the board as inspiration, but chose not to use the optional sketch this time. The awesome photo is of Brielle doing her best Dave Grohl impersonation with her guitar (she loves the Foo Fighters).

"#epic"

As soon as I saw this board I immediately knew I wanted to use this chevron print Cocoa Vanilla Studio paper (from the Totally Rad collection) for my background. It coordinated so perfectly with the board and the Just Add Paper kit. All the embellishments on this layout were included in this month's kit. (And I have plenty of left-overs too!)



Once again, I used my favourite method of colouring wood veneer (Posca pen), only this time in blue.


If you would like to play along with the current Inspiration Board Challenge and be in with a chance of winning a D-lish Scraps store voucher or a Just Add Paper kit, you can find all the details and rules HERE.


My final project I have to share, is a fun layout featuring a photo of Brielle and her best friend that I took recently.

"Nerds Shall Inherit the World"

I have had this Heidi Swapp "lightbulb" paper in my stash for quite a while, just waiting for the right project to use it on. And I figured that it couldn't be more appropriate than this one! I created a photo mat using pink punchinella; green spot tissue paper (from a previous Just Add Paper kit) and a white lace paper doily. I also added a Journal It's date tab tucked in behind my photo.


To further highlight my photo, I added a shaped paperclip; as well as a flair button (from the Woodgrain Hashtags set) which I nested on some messy thread. I also added 3 circles from the Corbett Creations wood veneer circle set around my photo (coloured with a red Posca).


Given the subject, I wanted my title to be a bit quirky, so I decided to sculpt the word "nerds" from a piece of bronze coloured wire, which I then attached with staples. I layered it on top of a Journal It's mixed ticket tab and underlined it with wood veneer glasses (from a previous JAP kit). I also added a Cocoa Vanilla tiny alphas; a phrase strip and another small line of stitching.


To finish off , I added another flair button (this one from the super cute Just My Type set); some small torn strips of washi tape and a scattering of D-lish Dots enamels for some extra colour pops.

That's all from me for today. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my D-lish Scraps projects! Til next time, happy scrapping! X

**Just a reminder that the D-lish Scraps Birthday Cyber Crop started over in The Scrap Suite Facebook group last night. There are some awesome challenges on offer (including some bonus ones from the boss lady), plus an exclusive limited edition Just Add Paper kit being released! Be sure to have a look!**

No comments: