Tuesday 2 August 2016

That Face | Scrap the Boys August Challenge

Hi everyone!
It's back to the future (or something like that) as I pop in today to share the first of my current design team projects. This one is for Scrap the Boys, where the August challenge is...


I have to admit that this challenge was my suggestion, and it's one that is fairly close to my heart. Having twin toddler boys meant that I endured LOTS of unhappy moments at my house:
- he took my car / cup / book / chips / shoes (insert any noun here)
- he hit / kicked / punched / pinched me
- he said / did...
You get the idea.

And what loving mother doesn't like taking photos of her offspring when they are in meltdown mode? I know I do! haha (Also video - mainly so I can show them later.)

So here is my take on this month's challenge featuring a photo of Kaden during Brielle's most recent birthday celebrations...


I used a Studio Calico paper for my background on this one, and then swiped it with some of my new Dylusions paints that I bought last weekend while at retreat. (Check out Peta's range at Scrapbooking from Scratch if you are interested, she has great prices!)
The other bits and pieces on this layout are from my 3 favourite places - Flutterby Designs, Cocoa Vanilla Studio and D-lish Scraps. (And yes, I might be a just a little bit biased! hehe)


Lots of luscious layers - tissue paper, doily, washi tape and mini paper bag from D-lish Scraps; 'Totally Rad' ephemera pieces, resin star, enamel dots and wood veneer (which I coloured black) by Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Snippet Strip phrase by Flutterby Designs.


More ephemera, wood veneer, resin star and enamel shape by Cocoa Vanilla; washi and twine from D-lish; and a gorgeous camera flair by Flutterby Designs.


Here you can see close up the amazing texture that the Flutterby Designs Flutter Colour paint gives when it is "drizzled" across the paper. You can also see more of the Snippet Strips phrases, which I stapled on with my tiny attacher. There is also a Cocoa Vanilla Woodie, which I altered by colouring the outer wooden edge with a sharpie.


And a close up of the journaling - proof that birthdays aren't always a happy affair if you aren't the one being celebrated! haha

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope you will join in with the Scrap the Boys challenge this month. There are prizes up for grabs from Shop & Crop Scrapbooking and also Faber-Castell, so make sure you link yours up by the end of the month to be in the running!
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Nawwww look at that face! Melts My heart...hehe! Fabulous layout! My son is now 31 and he grew up before digital photos,,,not sure if I have any sad photos of him!,