Friday 14 September 2018

Vertical Adventure | ScrappingClearly Sept Mood Board


Hi everyone! Popping in today with a bit of an extra share - a layout I created for the ScrappingClearly September Mood Board. I really loved the colour palette of this board when I saw it, and just knew I had to create something for it.

Here's a look at the board...


It's not often I create something that isn't a design team project, so the freedom to do whatever I wanted (in keeping with the the theme of the board, of course) was lots of fun!

Here's what I came up with...


Besides the obvious inspiration I took from the colours featured in the board, there were a few other elements that sparked my interest. First and foremost, was the image of the paint coming out of the tube, which inspired my jumping off point for my background. I also drew inspiration from the triangular shape of the row of hanging tassels.


I started with a sheet of Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock and applied some 'Stormy Grey' Flutter Colour paint randomly using a wide brush to the top portion of my page. I then added some Colour Blast 'Soot' Colour Artist Ink along the top edge of the paint and spread it roughly using a brush, turning my page vertically and allowing it to run down in spots.
Once dry, I used Dina Wakley 'Lemon' acrylic paint and a Dusty Attic 'Squared' stencil to apply some yellow colour in a few spots over the top, and again dried it off. I then added another layer, this time for some texture, using Colour Blast 'Snow White' Colour Paste and my 'Rock Crystals' stencil from The Crafters Workshop.
Finally, I added some pale yellow acrylic paint to the bottom portion of my page using a brayer. I used Flutter Colour 'Arctic White' paint mixed with a drop of Colour Blast 'Citrus' Colour Artist Ink to get the colour I was after.


With all the background layers in place and dry, it was time to create a layered photo mat. I used a variety of materials - patterned papers from Studio Calico; a paper doily; and a paint sample card - all topped off with some frayed gauze. I also fussy cut some pieces of a triangular pattern from another Studio Calico paper, which I inked the edges of with black ink and tucked in behind the edges of my photo mat.


At this point I decided my page need some extra details so I used my 'Writing Triangles' stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps to add some triangles to my page, along with some small pieces of torn washi. I also added some extra texture using a few small pieces of plasterers tape. 
For my title I used a mix of pieces from Cocoa Vanilla Studio - epic clear sticker and adventure die cut, both from the 'Boys Rule' collection; and alphas from the 'Free Spirit' collection, and I added felt pen over the top.


To finish off I added a couple more 'Boys Rule' clear stickers, and a journal spot with my journalling. I also used some black wire to form a circular frame for my photo and stapled it over the top.

I had so much fun playing along with the ScrappingClearly mood board. If you would like to enter, you need to complete your project based on the board by the end of the month and load it to the ScrappingClearly Share & Inspire Group.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: