Monday 21 February 2022

You're the Best | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 


Hi everyone, popping in today to share my very first project using the brand new 'No Limits' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. You know I am a passionate boy scrapper, so I can't tell you how excited I was to receive this new collection! There is no arguing that Zoe does THE BEST boy collections and this one is no exception. Besides the awesome colour palette which includes blues, greens, orange, and even a pop of red; it also features some fabulous bold patterns and a bit of space themed imagery. (Not enough that I would necessarily consider this an entirely "themed" collection though, as it could be used for all sorts of creations.)

For my first project I decided to create a 12x12" mixed media layout, combining the collection with Distress Oxide, acrylic paint, modelling paste with a stencil and also some stamping.


You can see that this layout contains many layers - from the mediums on the background, right through to multiple paper layers, texture from frayed gauze and an assortment of embellishments.


The B side of the Orbit paper (which just might be my favourite pattern from this collection) was what I chose for my page border, and I also used the same print from the A5 Paper Stack to mat my photo with.


Torn pieces of the Stardust and Spark papers were used to define the focal area of my page and add texture. A banner piece from the Chipboard Sticker sheet added the sentiment to the bottom of my photo.


Die Cut Ephemera and Accessory Stickers always make it easy to embellish a layout. The 'No Limits' ephemera pack contains 64 pieces, providing plenty of choices; and the sticker sheet contains a great mix of phrases, icons, labels, etc.


The Puffy Stickers (definitely my most favourite item from this collection - I need 1000 of these!) and Wood Buttons are both great embellishments for adding extra small details and subtle texture to the page.

You can see exactly how I put this layout together and hear me talk about it in more detail in my process video:


Thanks so much for stopping by today. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them here in the comments or over on my video.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: