Thursday 24 February 2022

Summer Fun | August 2021 Hip Kit

 


Hi everyone! Today I am here to share a new layout I created using my August 2021 Hip Kit from Hip Kit Club. This mixed media page features the main scrapbook kit combined with acrylic paint, a Distress Oxide, modelling paste and some stamping too. I also added a few small items from my stash - tissue paper, sequins, gauze, some phrase stickers, a flair button and a Charms Creations heart. (Yay for a bit of stash-busting!)


My inspiration for this layout was the Simple Stories 'Sunkissed' ephemera pack from the kit which is summer themed, and full of vibrant colours. I chose the photo of my daughter in the pool to go with it and also one of the subscriber exclusive Hip Kit Club cut files too. The cut file is called Target and was released alongside this kit in August 2021. For something different, I decided to cut it from a dark blue coloured cardstock (yay for more stash-busting!)


My background was created using a mix of Salvaged Patina and Salty Ocean Distress Oxides and a piece of kitchen sponge. This technique was inspired by fellow Cocoa Vanilla Studio DT member Josefine van der Hoeven.


I used papers from the kit to create layers under my photo, and I also fussy cut a few flowers from one of the Vicki Boutin papers. I included quite a few pieces from the ephemera pack, including the title piece. 


The sequins provided a nice shimmery touch and went well with the water theme of the page. I attached them using tacky glue in my fineline bottle. I also added handwritten journalling with a felt pen.

If you would like more details about this page, or to see how I put it together, you can watch my process video here:


That's all from me today, I'll be back with another project soon. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: