Tuesday 28 December 2021

Oh Christmas Tree | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 


Hi everyone, I hope you had a lovely Christmas with your loved ones?! I was so happy this year to just have a quiet day with my hubby and kids making memories in our new home. Today we are off to do family Christmas with relatives. (How many Christmas celebrations do you do?)

Now, following on from the mixed media layout I shared last week using the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Joyful' collection (which you can see in the image above), today I am sharing a companion pocket page to go with it. This page also features the 'Joyful' collection, and documents more of the details about my family's tradition of putting up our Christmas tree.


For the paper component of my pockets I used four 3x4" cards from the 'Joyful' Pocket Cards pack and a piece of the Deck the Halls 12x12" patterned paper that I cut down to fill the 6x4" pocket. (This coordinated perfectly with the border strip I used on my 12x12" layout, which helps to tie the two pages together in the album.)


I used the paper as the background for my title card, then added the Christmas Tree from the Die Cut Ephemera pack topped with a Gold Glitter Puffy Star. For the text I used the gold foiled word Christmas from the Chipboard Sticker sheet, and some gold alphas from my stash. (I think they might have been Crate Paper ones?)


I used my typewriter again to add my journalling to the Pocket Cards, adding a tale about our cat to match with the photo of him I had included. (Yes, he is a weirdo!) On several of the photos I added some small embellishments including Accessory Stickers and Puffy Stickers


I left some of the Pocket Cards just as they were as I didn't think they needed additional embellishments. Not only did it make completing the page easier, it also helped keep it from looking cluttered.


Adding these pages to my scrapbook albums makes it so much more interesting for my kids to flip through, as the extra photos and details are what they are really interested in (not so much my pretty work! haha) If you haven't already tried incorporating pocket pages into your albums, I would highly recommend having a go. (If you already have plenty of scrapbook supplies, then the sleeves are the only thing you really need to get started!)

Here's a look at how the pages will look side-by-side in my album...


Thanks to everyone for all your lovely feedback on the previous pocket page I shared, now I know there are so many people interested in them, I will continue to share them when I can. I'm sorry that I don't make process videos for these pages. This is because there isn't actually a lot of content, and I don't tend to do them in one sitting either. Anyway, I'll keep the extra pages coming when I can.

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope you have a happy and safe New Year! X

No comments: