Tuesday 14 December 2021

Making Cookies Together | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 


Hi everyone! Do you remember the mixed media layout I shared last week featuring the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Joyful' collection? Today I am sharing a pocket page I created as a companion page to that layout, which also features the 'Joyful' collection. The reason I created it, is that I wanted to document more photos and record details about the story, and I often find that this is the perfect way to do it. I used the same collection for both pages as I have designed them to sit side-by-side in an album, and I like them to be cohesive. (You can see how they look together in the image above.)


For the paper component of my pockets I used four 3x4" cards from the 'Joyful' Pocket Cards and the B side of the Advent 12x12" patterned paper that I cut down to size.
(The small puffy alphabet stickers you can see in the image below were the only thing not from the 'Joyful' collection, they were from the 'These Days' collection but the soft colours were a great match!)


I used my old typewriter to add my text, as I love the imperfect, grungy look of it. As well as adding the details behind the story onto the journalling cards; I took the opportunity to type out our Sugar Cookie recipe on one of the 6x4"pieces of paper to include in the spread. The recipe looked super cute with the bear from the Die Cut Ephemera pack positioned beside it.


When it comes to pocket pages, my approach to embellishing my photos is much the same as my layouts, as I like to stick things directly onto my photos. Ephemera pieces, Accessory Stickers and Puffy Stickers are all good choices as they don't add much bulk when the photos are placed into the sleeves.


Don't feel restricted by what style or design of sleeve you have, just make it work for you! In the image below I used a 3x4" card and a 3x4" photo to fill a 6x4" pocket. (Just stick them both onto a piece of paper or cardstock cut to 6x4" to stop them sliding out of place.) Similarly, if you only have two 3x4" pockets alongside each other but a 6x4" photo, just cut it in half!


I hope you've enjoyed seeing this pocket page and reading a bit of my explanation behind it. I often create these companion pages for my albums but don't necessarily share them, so if this is something you would like to see more of, please let me know.

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: