Tuesday 4 August 2020

Adorable | Dust It Off Challenge | May Homemade Kit


Hi everyone,
It's not Kraft again, it's wood grain! Today I am sharing a simple layout I created from my homemade kit, which all started with that gorgeous wood grain paper from the Crate Paper 'Confetti' collection. In case you didn't already know, I love wood grain papers, so of course I wanted to keep this sheet intact and use it as my page background. I decided to document a collage of photos of my sister and I in our costumes for dress up night at our Sunshine Coast retreat last year. So. Much. Fun. 


In the interests of showcasing as much of that wood grain as possible, I kept my design simple. I used up as many small scraps from my kit as I could by creating a layered mat for my photo collage to sit on. Once I had chosen all my papers pieces and arranged them in order, I stapled the stack together and then attached it to the page.  


With all the papers fixed in place, it was then easy to go back and tuck extra bits and pieces into my layers. I included a large red and Kraft Heidi Swapp tag; and a couple of Crate Paper chipboard frames - one of which I cut in half and tucked in on either side of the stack. 


I used some Heidi Swapp die cuts, including a printed acetate heart (I sooo love acetate ephemera pieces!) I also used a Crate Paper chipboard banner (which came from the 'Confetti' chipboard sheet) and a flair button from D-lish Scraps. 


I finished off with the Crate Paper adorable vellum title piece and the small chipboard all day from a Vicki Boutin chipboard Thickers pack. A few splatters of white ink, and I was done!

This was a quick and easy page and a great way to use up some patterned paper scraps. Using a photo collage was also a great way to include multiple photos. Thanks so much for stopping by today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

tracey said...

You do rock a good costume - fantastic layout