Saturday 29 August 2020

Good Day Sunshine | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! I'm popping in today to share my very first layout using the brand new, and beautiful, 'Daydream' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This page was created for a theme on 'Outdoor Adventures', and I was very excited that the collection arrived in time for me to use it for this. 

The photo I chose to document was one that I took of my hubby and our boys doing some gardening together. My sons recently celebrated their 8th birthday, and one of them had requested "gardening stuff" as a present. (Isn't that the cutest?) I couldn't resist his lovely request, so I went and got him his own gloves, tools, seedlings, pots and potting mix. He was so happy, and has been lovingly caring for them ever since.


In keeping with the outdoor theme, I decided to use the wood grain print on the reverse side of the Over the Rainbow paper as my background. This gave the page a good "earthy" base, and because it's such a beautiful detailed grain, it also made my job much easier as it really didn't need anything added to it. 

I then created the focal point for my page using layered pieces from the B sides of the patterned papers Sun Shower (a delicious rich yellow with stripes); All Aflutter (a lovely coral with a sweet heart print); and Garden Variety (a sweet blue-grey tiny spot).


I then added a small grey paper doily from my stash, before sticking my photo down using some scrap cardboard to pop it up from the page. (Did you notice the rainbow lens flare in my photo? I think it looks cool, which is one of the reasons I chose this shot.)

With my photo now in place, it was time to add some embellishments. The first thing I reached for to go with my gardening theme, was the stunning floral print on the Garden Variety paper. The flowers on this sheet were just begging to be fussy cut! I cut several clusters and tucked them in around my photo, bending the edges up away from the page to provide dimension.


I created a small cluster around the top left corner of my photo using the so sweet tab sticker from the Accessory Sticker sheet; a small flower and leaf from the Die Cut Ephemera pack; and one of the new embellishments on the block - a Puffy Heart. These fabric hearts are super cute, and they have beautiful, delicate gold thread woven through them. 


Next, I added my page title to the right of my photo; using three words from the Die Cut Titles pack. (I actually cut the "s" off the word "days" so it fit the phrase I wanted.) I used foam tape under my title words so that they would sit up at the same height as the photo and allow me to overlap the edge. Above my title I added the sweet little die cut rainbow from the ephemera pack. 


With my layout so bottom heavy at this point, I created a small cluster in the top right corner to help balance it out. I wanted to mimic the focal area of my page, so I used small pieces of the same papers, then topped it with the oh happy day banner from the sticker sheet. 


To finish off my page, I used a label cut from the Happy Place cut apart paper to write my journalling, then added two small die cut flowers. A light splatter of some white mist around my page, and I was done! 

This collection is just so easy, and such a pleasure to work with, that I was able to create four pages before I even really came up for air. It has already started hitting the shelves of retailers, so make sure you check with your local store or favourite online retailer to see if they have it available. It really is one you NEED in your stash!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Isa said...

Thhis was lovely to read