Thursday 10 October 2019

Oh Hello You | Scrap the Girls October Challenge


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my take on the October challenge for Scrap the Girls. As this month is breast cancer awareness month, we have an awesome challenge called "It's All in the Bra". Find your bra according to your star sign and use it to inspire your page - fun, right?!


I am a Virgo, and I was SO happy to get the denim bra! (I am a massive denim fan and would live in jeans all year round if I could.) I even decided to document a photo of me in my favourite denim jacket (enjoying a sneaky lunchtime wine).

Here is what I created...


I began my page by creating a watercolour background on white cardstock using 'Faded Jeans' Distress Oxide. To do this I simply swipe my ink pad onto my non-stick craft mat, spray with a little water, and then lay my cardstock over the top and smooth it down with my hand before drying it off with a heat tool.


Next, I set about creating a distressed strip design that was inspired by a layout created by Anna Komenda for Cocoa Vanilla Studio whilst we were on retreat back in May. (You can see Anna's page HERE). 

I used patterned papers from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Hello Sunshine' collection (including a denim fabric print); mixed with the specialty vellum sheet from the 'Wild at Heart' collection. I distressed the edges of each paper strip using a pair of scissors and layered them vertically down the page. I also interspersed the papers with a few pieces of denim fabric cut from an old pair of jeans.


Once the background paper and fabric strips were in place, I added some thick cardboard to the back of my photo and stuck it down on top. I then added a chipboard frame (also from the 'Wild at Heart' collection) on an angle over the top of my photo.

  
To embellish my page I chose a couple of floral pieces from the 'Wild at Heart' die cut ephemera pack, which I tucked in under the edges of my photo; and a butterfly from the chipboard accent stickers which I tucked in under the edge of the uppermost strip.


Alongside my photo I added a handmade denim star from Charms Creations, which I topped with a Cocoa Vanilla Studio limited edition flair button. 

My title was a mix of 'Hello Sunshine' denim print alphabet stickers and the word hello from the 'Wild at Heart' chipboard stickers. 


To finish off my page I added a couple of stickers from the 'Wild at Heart' Accessory Sticker sheet; a chipboard arrow label; and stamped the date. (If you love this range as much as I do, check it out in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio store HERE and grab a bargain!) 
I was really happy with how this page turned out, and was surprised how quickly it came together (all done under an hour).

I would love to see you play along with this month's challenge. We have a prize pack from Helmar up for grabs for our Aussie winner and as always, Scrap Accent are generously sponsoring our international winner. You can head over to the Scrap the Girls blog HERE to see what the rest of the team created for this challenge.

That's all from me today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: