Monday 7 October 2019

Captured | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in to share another design team project with you, and my very first using the brand new 'Unforgettable' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. And OMG...is this one gorgeous range or what?! I was so excited to sit down and create with this one - so many beautiful pieces I hardly knew where to start! But once I did, boy was this layout easy to create; it was one of those that just "fell onto the page". (Don't you love it when that happens?)


I designed this layout to document some fun candid photos of my siblings and I that were taken recently at my sister's birthday party. You've gotta love candid shots sometimes - we were all having such a great time singing and dancing together we didn't notice the photographer snapping away at us. 


So I began my page with my three photos and a sheet of white cardstock. The first item I reached for was the 6x8" Paper Stack. You may recall that previous collections have had a paper pad, not a stack. This is a new addition to the product range, and I have to say, I MUCH prefer the stack to a pad. It made it so much easier to pull pieces out to shuffle around!

I chose three patterns from the stack that I thought would work well together - the watercolour floral print (from the Glorious paper; the monochromatic floral print from the Lacewing paper; and the hot pink pattern from the Unscripted paper.) I cut and punched a variety of circles from the papers and arranged them so they were cascading down the right side of my page.


I then placed my three photos on the page, layering the two smaller ones near the top, and the slightly larger feature photo near the bottom. I made sure I had left enough space between them for my layout title, which I had chosen from the new Foam Title Stickers. One of the best thing about these stickers? They come on a clear backing sheet! This makes it easy to move the titles around to different spots to see how they will look before you commit to placement. Once I found the right spot, I stuck it down; adding a small heart at the end of the word.


With my title in place I then set about embellishing my page. Below the title I added the sticker photo stories from the Accessory Sticker sheet; andin the smaller circle to the right, a camera sticker from the Clear Sticker sheet.

To balance out the title cluster, I then added a a large die cut flower and the little moments arrow (both from the Die Cut Ephemera pack) alongside the photo at the top of my page. I also added one of the watercolour brush marks Clear Stickers nearby.


Above my top photo, and in keeping with my circular theme, I added the snap shots flair from the Flair Buttons pack. To the right of that same photo I tucked in a small die cut flower, then added a gorgeous butterfly clear sticker.


I added another tiny die cut flower and a heart clear sticker near my feature photo; then wrote my journalling onto a tag from the ephemera pack. I added a small piece of twine to it before tucking it in behind my photo.
To finish off my page I added tiny black splatters around my page.

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: