Tuesday 24 September 2019

Kaboom | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today with a fun layout I created recently for Cocoa Vanilla Studio for the regular "Throwback Thursday" theme. I had some super cute photos of one of my boys dressed in his Batman suit that I wanted to document, so I dug into my stash and pulled out the 'You Rock' collection, which I thought would be a perfect match. 


I started with the star print of the Night Sky paper as my page base, adding a smaller piece of the wood grain print of the Plus One paper over the top. 

Next, I used plain black cardstock to cut the Superhero Page Builder cut file set from Cut to You. I sorted through the pieces, choosing the ones I wanted for my page design. I chose the large kaboom piece and backed it with the yellow spotted print from the In Line paper. I then backed the smaller pow and boom pieces with the black and white cross print from the Random paper.


Before adding any of the cut file pieces to my page, I decided to create a little more depth on my background using some subtle stamping and some small torn pieces of the Washi Tape Stickers
I then arranged the three cut file pieces that I had backed on my page; before placing my photos on top. (I used a cartoon effects filter on these photos - isn't it cool?) Before sticking them down, I tucked some messy white cotton thread underneath, and added some scrap cardboard to the back to pop them up from the page.


With all the main pieces of my page in place, it was simply a matter of adding my embellishments to tie it all together and finish it off.

I used some of the black cardstock stars I had left from the Superhero cut file set, and placed three of them around my page to create a "visual triangle" around my photos. On top of the largest star I added a wood veneer star from the Wood Veneer pack; which I then offset with three wood veneer lightning bolts - keeping two of them relatively close together to again form a visual triangle.


I decided to draw some extra attention to the kaboom piece as I was using it for my page title. I added anextra small wood veneer star over the top of the word, then the black you're awesome banner from the Rubber Charms pack. From the same pack, I added the small yellow epic arrow alongside my photo.


To finish off my layout I used a few yellow crosses from the Enamel Shapes pack and I was done.

If you don't have a cutting machine but you love the look of these cut files, you can order them online from Cut to You and choose the "custom cut" option. Gwen will then cut and ship them direct to your door - how easy is that?
Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: