Monday 9 September 2019

Whole Lotta Lovely | Scrap the Girls September Challenge


Hi everyone!
Popping in with another design team layout to share today, this time for Scrap the Girls. The September challenge is called "Whatever You Want It To Be"; which happens to be a fun sketch designed by me. I kept the sketch pretty simple, making it easily open to interpretation; and I am looking forward to seeing what people do. The only rule you need to remember is "Girls Only", other than that, have fun with it!


Here is my take on the sketch... 


I started this one with an abstract style watercolour background, which I created using my (cheap) Micador watercolour paints. I simply applied the colours randomly around the page, layering them until I was happy.
I had two black and white photos of my daughter that I was using on this page; which is the reason I was able to use a rainbow of paints as I didn't have to worry about colour matching to the photos.


I layered a couple of pieces from a random ephemera pack (it might have been a Reject Shop one?) behind my photos, including a tag I tied with a little twine. I also used a die cut flower and butterfly from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Happiness' collection. (That Indigo coloured butterfly is my fave!)


Next to my photos I used the you're a whole lotta lovely foiled card for my title, which I cut from a Pink Paislee paper from the "Oh My Heart" collection. Behind it, and along the edge of my photos, I added more Cocoa Vanilla Studio die cut flowers and stickers; then layered a Cocoa Vanilla Studio flair button (from the 'Midnight' collection) on top. 


To finish off my page I added a scattering of enamel shapes and a little blue resin star.

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope you will play along with our challenge this month. We've got Charms Creations sponsoring for our Australian winner, and Scrap Accent for our international winner. 
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: