Saturday 14 September 2019

You Rock | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in with another design team project from last month - this one for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. Some of the team were tasked with a sketch theme on our blog, where we had to create a page using a specific PageMaps sketch. 

Here is the sketch we used...


This sketch is from the PageMaps archives from October 2018; and if you would like more sketch inspiration (including card sketches) you can find them on the PageMaps website.

Despite the floral theme of the sketch, I decided to twist it up and create a boy page instead. I used a combination of elements from two different CVS boy collections - 'Boys Rule' and 'You Rock'.


I began with the 'Boys Rule' collection - using the Star Fall paper as my page base to form a border, which I layered with a smaller square of the Entitled paper over the top.

To represent the circular element of the sketch, I cut several different sized wreaths from the free 'Happiness' cut files using a combination of white cardstock and the Happy Go Lucky paper for my feature circle. I then arranged them so they were overlapping each other.


Just like the sketch, I used two photos for my page (although I did use a different size and orientation). These photos of my son were taken the day after his birthday while he was testing out his new punchbag and boxing gloves. 
I added the die cut what the? speech bubble from the Die Cut Ephemera pack onto my main photo.


Due to the busy pattern on the paper, and the fact that I already had the overlapping wreaths on my background, I wanted to keep the embellishments fairly simple. I dug through my stash and chose the wood veneer pack from the 'You Rock' collection. I liked the fact that this was an easy way to add dimension and some natural texture to the page.


I added the large You Rock title piece just to the left of the photos - just like the title was positioned in the sketch. I then adhered a selection of wood veneer stars around the page, placing them at points where the wreaths intersected and forming a "visual triangle" around my photos. I also added a small wood veneer lightning bolt directly onto my second photo.


To finish off, I added the that's my boy rubber charm along the bottom edge of my photo; then added a small label from the Miscellany die cut pack to the bottom corner of my page and wrote my journalling with a felt pen.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: