Wednesday 9 January 2019

Fun Stuff | Scrap the Girls January challenge


Hi everyone!
Today I am popping in to share my design team layout for the January "Time Traveller" challenge at Scrap the Girls. This month there is an awesome pin up themed challenge image to inspire you, along with an additional Pinterest board full of extra images. You can be inspired by any of the images from the challenge image or Pinterest board, but when you link up your entry your entry must mention what inspired you and why.

Here's the challenge board...


You can find the additional inspiration images on Pinterest HERE

And here is what I created...


My layout was initially inspired by the image of the three girls on the board and their pouty red lips. I found a cool SnapChat filter that magically turned me into a pin up style nurse, and then created a photo collage using three shots I took. I was also inspired by the colours from the other images, opting to use the black / white / red / nautical blue for my palette.


To start my page I created a mixed media background - first using red Dina Wakley acrylic paint applied with a brayer; then layering over it with Colour Blast black heavy gesso applied with a wide brush. Once dry, I applied Colour Blast 'Just Blue' Colour Paste through a Tim Holtz stencil to three areas of my page, then wiped off the excess paste from my palette knife onto the page. 


Once the background had dried I stamped some random hearts around the page using StazOn ink and a Scribble Heart stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps.

Then it was time for some texture and layers! I used pieces of patterned paper, tissue paper, paper doily, paper bag, plasterer's tape, washi tapes, a printed tag, wire and frayed gauze to create a layered mat for my photo collage.


Alongside my photos I added a handmade red & white butterfly heart embellishment from Charms Creations. I also added a couple of cute little blue acrylic hearts from Corbett Creations and some blue enamel dots from D-lish Scraps.


The quote I used was from a MAMBI sticker book, and the wood veneer stars (also from D-lish Scraps) were coloured red with a Posca pen. 

To finish off my page I stamped the sassy since the day I was born quote around my page with a Typo roller stamp, and I also splattered some Colour Blast 'Marine' Colour Artist Ink. Then it was a few scribbles with my black and white Stabilo All pencils and I was done!


This was such a fun page to do (and the fact I completed it when I was at retreat surrounded by some of my favourite people probably made it even more so). 

I hope you will join in on this months challenge - our fabulous sponsor is Cut to You from Created by Gwen. If you have a cutting machine and you haven't checked out her newest cut file designs yet, then make sure you check them out HERE 
If you don't have a cutting machine, never fear! Gwen also cuts her designs and ships directly to you - how cool is that? You can check out the range of custom cuts HERE

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: