Friday 11 January 2019

Totally Epic | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
I am so happy and grateful to have the opportunity to be creating for Cocoa Vanilla Studio for another year alongside so many talented ladies. So without further ado, here is my first Cocoa Vanilla share for 2019 - a page I created with the fabulous 'Boys Rule' collection, documenting my hubby and one of our sons mountain climbing together. (This one is definitely dad's "mini me" and wants to do everything just like him.)


I began my page with the fabulous mixed media style 'Messed Up' paper, which provided me with a quick and easy background to start with. I then used pieces of the 'Expressionist' and 'Straight & Narrow' papers to to define the spot where my photos were going to be placed. I also added a couple of strips of the 'Boy Stuff' paper, using the triangular pattern to help draw the viewer's eye through the photos. 


I then positioned my photos - overlapping them slightly, and adding some scrap cardboard to the back to pop them up from the page. To further define the photos, I took a grey die cut frame from the Miscellany ephemera pack, which I cut in half and tucked in either side of the photos. 

I fussy cut the EPIC and YOLO woodgrain print hashtag pieces from the 'Boy Stuff' paper, adding some cardboard to the back of them and then placing them in the spaces that were created by the offset photos. I then added some small pieces of torn washi tape from my stash to tie in with the woodgrain colour. I also added a few wood veneer pieces from the 'Totally Rad' collection.


To further highlight the hashtag pieces, I used a couple of aqua blue paintbrush stroke stickers from the Clear Stickers set. (Just like the background paper I used, these stickers are a great way of adding a mixed media touch to your page without getting your hands dirty.) Also from the Clear Stickers, I used the tiny words this is and the larger word Totally to complete my title; then two small phrases beneath my photos.


To finish off my page, I added the boys rule flair button; the love it tab from the Accessory Sticker sheet; and a few splatters of Colour Blast 'Soot' Colour Artist Ink.

So there you have it - a mixed media style layout without the mess. I am looking forward to sharing many more Cocoa Vanilla creations with you over the coming year.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: