Tuesday 1 January 2019

Family | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone and happy new year!
Just popping in to share a recent Flutterby Designs DT project with you. Today I have a 12x12" mixed media scrapbook layout to share that features some of the recently released 'We Are' collection and a photo of my siblings and I together.


I had lots of painty fun creating this page, starting with some 'Tropicana Teal' Flutter Colour paint, which I applied to the bottom half of the page using a brayer. I then used a wide brush to apply some Dina Wakley 'Night' acrylic paint to the top half of the page.

Once the paint was dry I used a silver gelato to scribble some colour around the edge to form a rough border, which I then blended a little using a water brush.


Over the paint on the top half of the page, I used the 'Bubble O'Fun' stencil and some Colour Blast 'Steel' Colour Paste to add some texture in a few areas. Over the bottom half, I used the same stencil and some grey ink with a sponge dauber to add a little detail. (Unfortunately this stencil is no longer available, but there are a great range of alternative designs available HERE)


Next, I created a layered mat for my photo using some of the 'We Are' Everyday Etc filler cards. I also added some frayed gauze and a frame from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack that I cut in half before adding my photo on top; then tucked in a couple of the 'We Are' page tabs


Lately I have been trying to incorporate some older products and mix them with new, so I took the opportunity to include some washi tape from the 'Good Vibes Only' kit. I also included some of my Flutterby staple supplies - white Tiny Sticky Quotes and enamel dots.


On the bottom half of my layout, I wanted to use a variety of words created from different materials arranged in a sort of word cloud. I started with the large LOVE word from the Die Cut Title Set as the base, adding the word family from the gorgeous 'We are Family' Teal Acrylic Title pack. 
In keeping with my mission to include a few older supplies, I overlaid the forever & ever wood veneer piece along the bottom.


On the left side of my word cloud, I added hugs from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack, along with a wood veneer heart.
To keep my page balanced, I also tucked a small wood veneer star in behind my page tab above my photo.


Finally, I added the this is us flair button from the 'We Are' flair button set #2 into my word cloud before finishing off my page with a little scribbled border detail using a Stabilo All pencil.

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this project. I hope this year is full of happiness and creativity for you! Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: