Tuesday 27 February 2018

Awesome Memories | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Today I am sharing a mixed media scrapbook layout I created using the 'You Rock' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and products from Colour Blast. I chose to document a couple of snaps of my boys swimming in their Nana's pool over the Christmas holidays; which obviously dictated my colour choices for my page. 


I wanted to emphasise the water theme of my page, so I started with wood grain print of the Plus One paper; then applied Colour Blast white heavy gesso and Colour Artist Inks (Marine and Oasis) over the top to create a water inspired background. I also smeared some Colour Paste (Deep Water) with a thin palette knife around my page to provide a textural element and a feeling of movement.


Once I had the background complete, it was time to start working on the paper elements of my page. I started cutting and layering assorted size pieces of patterned paper in the focal area where I knew my photos were going to be placed. I used pieces cut from both the Stripped and Galactic papers in my layers, which I also mixed with some frames from the die cut ephemera pack to give more depth.


Once all my layers were in place, I added my two photos on top, adding some scrap cardboard behind them to mount them up a little higher. I also added some more pieces from the die cut ephemera pack with foam tape behind them to provide more dimension.


The next embellishments I added were some wood veneer stars from the wood veneer shapes pack; along with some stars that I fussy cut from the Starshine paper; and some yellow enamel shapes.


For my title, I used the “awesome” word from the wood veneer pack, which I coloured using some white gesso (smeared on with my finger) and the Marine Colour Artist Ink I had used on the background; then added the little “memories” banner from the die cut ephemera pack to complete it.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: