Monday 5 February 2018

She Was a Wildflower | Viva Las VegaStamps


Hi everyone!
Popping in to share my latest Viva Las VegaStamps design team project with you. Today I have a mixed media scrapbook page that features some fun photos of my fellow Aussie VLVS design team member Fiona Paltridge and I. These photos were taken at the Flutterby Designs retreat last year after I did a class with her; and as soon as my latest batch of stamps arrived I knew I had the perfect stamps to scrap these pictures!


I started my page by using the Wildflowers Silhouette stamp several times across my page to create a "garden" for my background; then I added some colour using Colour Blast Colour Artist Inks (Marine, Berry and Mermaid) and a small brush; allowing the colour to run down the page. I also added some splatters of Lime ink around the edges of the flower silhouettes.


While my background was drying, I stamped a large Gossamer Butterfly image onto some extra cardstock, then coloured it using Faber-Castell watercolour pencils and a waterbrush. I then cut around it, and added some shimmer to the wings using a Colour Blast (Silver) Shimmer Brush Marker before sticking it down amongst my garden.


I used several stamps to create the quote at the top of my page:
I also used the Row of Chevrons stamp to help highlight it.


I used my very favourite Doodle Dots stamp to lightly stamp around where I had splattered the lime ink to add more depth to the background.


I then added my photos to my page (using Miracle Tape and some scrap cardboard to mount it up) before sticking the She Was a Wildflower quote (stamped onto cardstock with watercolour pencil used to highlight the edges) onto my photos.


I added some subtle pops of texture by creating a few small "flowers" from cotton thread, using some D-lish Scraps enamel dots as the centres.
I also added some coordinating enamel dots to the butterfly body.


Here's a linked list of all the VLVS stamps I used:
Doodle Dots

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this - I hope I have inspired you to get inky today! I will be back soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: