Saturday 15 July 2017

Hello Awesome | Scrap the Boys July Challenge

Hi everyone! Hope this finds you well in your part of the world. I can hardly believe we are halfway through winter here in Australia - time is certainly flying, and now the countdown to spring begins!
I am here today to share another of my design team projects with you, this time for Scrap the Boys. This month the challenge is a sketch, designed by Laura Whitaker and it looks like this...


Now, (I hope you are sitting down for this part) here is my take on the sketch...and for once I actually created a page that looks like the sketch!

"Hello Awesome"

I scrapped some fun photos I took recently of my boys on a day out at a theme park. (It seems the older they get, the harder it is for me to get a photo of them without silly faces *sigh*) I used the new Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'You Rock' collection for my layout, and added some mixed media to my background. 


I started with the ombre print 'Experimental' paper as my base, then added a light brushing of Colour Blast white heavy gesso to my focal area. I then added some stamping (stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps and Typo); and some small torn pieces of the washi tape stickers. Next, I added some Colour Blast 'Steel' Colour Paste using my Flutterby Designs 'Stargazed' stencil, and also smeared some randomly on my page with a palette knife.


Once it was dry, I created a layered mat to mount my photo strip on. I used a variety of 'You Rock' papers cut to different shapes and sizes, as well as pieces from the die cut ephemera pack and some messy cotton thread.


Beneath my photo I added one of the rubber charms, which I attached simply with staples (these charms are very soft, so it is easy to staple or even stitch them onto your pages). I then added a couple of lightning bolts from the wood veneer pack, as well as the hello and awesome pieces for my title.


To finish off my page I added a few crosses from the enamel shapes pack; and some black and white mist splatters.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope you will scrap some of your own boys and play along with us. You can head over to the Scrap the Boys blog HERE for more inspiration from our team, as well as all the details on how to enter. There are TWO prizes up for grabs for our lucky winners, so grab some supplies and get busy!
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: