Friday 31 March 2017

P.S. I Love You | Flutterby Designs

Hi everyone! Just popping in today to share the latest of my Flutterby Designs creations with you. Today I have a 12x12" layout I created using the 'Mad About You' collection. It features a selfie I took of one of my boys laying some love on me, and is a bit tongue in cheek about how I often feel about my kids.

"P.S. I Love You"

The colour palette for this page was largely decided by the quote on the Everyday Etc card that I wanted to include. I chose to compliment the pink with simple neutral tones and converted my photo to black and white to suit.


I started by brushing some soft pink paint across my cardstock background (I used Colour Blast 'Bubblegum' Colour Spray, which I simply tipped into a cup and diluted with water until I achieved the desired shade). Once the paint was dry, I used the cross stencil from the Flutterby mini stencil set and a lead pencil to add some subtle "kisses" to my background.


My next step was to add a mat for my photo to sit on, so I used one of the 'Mad About You' Everyday Etc filler cards. I also tucked a frame from the coordinating Die Cut Bibs & Bobs pack underneath my photo and popped one of the Tiny Sticky Quotes onto it. On top of my photo I added some messy cotton thread and one of the flair buttons from the 'Mad About You' set #1.


I love using a mix of elements to create long sentences on my layouts, and this one was no exception. I used a combination of both tiny and regular Sticky Quotes; a die cut word; wood veneer 'Ampersand' (which I painted black); and some Everyday Etc cards.


To tie the page together, I added some wood veneer mini hearts (also painted black) and some die cut hearts (repeating an element is a simple way of bringing uniformity to a page). I also added some splatters of Colour Blast 'Road Base' Colour Spray; and stamped the P.S. I love you quote around my page to reinforce my title.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you, I hope I have inspired you to try something similar yourself. Don't forget if you aren't already a member, to join in our Flutterby Inspiration HQ group on Facebook so you can interact with the team and share your own work.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: