Monday 6 March 2017

Dig! | Scrap the Boys March Challenge

Hi everyone!
Popping in with another design team layout to share today, this time for Scrap the Boys. Those who have been following me for some time, will know that I didn't start out the most enthusiastic of boy scrappers when I first started creating boy layouts. (But with twin boys, what can you do?) Fast forward to today and I LOVE creating boy layouts, so I am super happy Amy kept me on the team at Scrap the Boys this year.

So, the March challenge theme is...


And it turned out that I had the PERFECT pics for this challenge! My biggest problem was narrowing down which ones to use. In the end I chose four, so I ended up with a layout that is pretty busy. I do love it though - there is plenty of action!

"Dig!"

We were so lucky that when we visited my sister and brother-in-laws house shortly after Christmas, that he had his backhoe home for the holidays on their property. Let me just say that my boys (especially Hunter) are "digger mad", so they thought it was awesome to see one up close. Imagine where Uncle Wil went to in the popularity stakes when he got the boys to climb up inside with him, started it up and let them use the controls to dig in the dirt!! (I seriously thought Hunter's smile was going to split his face open! haha)


I used the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Totally Rad' collection for this layout. (I couldn't go past that yellow chevron print paper for my background!) To embellish my page I used some of the coordinating accessory stickers and die cut ephemera, many of which which I tucked in around my photos.


The rad flair was stuck directly onto the corner of one of my photos (and for once, I did not add any cotton thread under it.)


Another embellishment I used several of on this page, was woodies (wooden buttons with epoxy centres) and they are awesome on boy layouts!


The black alphabet stickers I used were actually from the Colour Me Happy collection, and I simply added some brief handwritten journaling below my title.


A few splatters of Colour Blast Colour Spray (in Road Base); a little stamping and my layouts was complete. I am really happy this challenge pushed me to get these photos scrapped. If you have any dirt-related photos of your boy waiting to be scrapped, then make sure you pull them out and get them done for this challenge! You have until the end of the month to get your entry linked up and be in the running for this months prizes.

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: