Wednesday 22 March 2017

Love You | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! Today I have another layout to share using the new Wild at Heart collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. For this page, I opted to focus on the rich, warm tones from the collection and combine them with some photos of my daughter snuggling our kitten. (We've had fish and birds before, but this has been her first furry pet that she can cuddle, so to say she loves him is probably an understatement.)


I used the B sides of both the Fussy Cut and Luscious papers for my background. I love the contrast of the bold stripes against the soft ombre watercolour.


I used two smaller size (3x4") photos for this page, which I layered on top of a paper doily and mounted up higher using some cardboard underneath. I then added some messy cotton thread and fussy cut floral pieces from the Luscious paper which I tucked under and around my photos.


I created a small, layered cluster to the right of my photos using half a chipboard frame; a die cut heart from the ephemera pack; a flair button and some Sparkles enamel dots. Under the corner of the photo I tucked a small butterfly that I fussy cut from the Mariposa paper.


I added another identical butterfly slightly further down my page, and between the two I placed one of the super cute new rubber charms. For my layout title, I used two wood veneer words, which I coloured using a paint pen; along with a small heart. Directly below my title I added one of the small phrase stickers from the accessory sticker sheet.



Next, I fussy cut "hello gorgeous" from the Fussy Cuts paper, and adhered it overlapping the edge of my secondary photo. I then added a heart chipboard sticker and another enamel dot to help balance my left hand side embellishment cluster. I finished off my page by splattering some white ink around. (Just don't forget to cover your photos when you do this.)

Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: