Friday 11 November 2016

You're My Person | Flutterby Designs

Hi everyone!
I am here today to share my latest layout with you using the brand new 'Mad About You' collection from Flutterby Designs. First of all, I have to start by saying I freakin' LOVE this new range. It's bright, colourful, funny, quirky...there is just so much to love! Not to mention the fact that there are also some brand new Flutterby products in this range - Die Cut Bits & Bobs and some new format Sticky Quotes which feature some larger shapes, images and words. There is also a new themed Wood Veneer pack.

Here is the layout I created using the collection...

"You're My Person"

To create this layout, I first started by tearing up some old book paper and colouring it using some mists and a waterbrush. Once dry, I adhered it to my cardstock using Mod Podge, and then applied some Colour Blast Colour Paste through my 'I {heart} you' mini stencil in a few random areas. After that, I drizzled aqua Flutter Colour paint over the top and left it all to dry for a while.
The next step was to apply a bit of stamping with my Viva Las VegaStamps and black ink to add some depth, and then I splattered both lime and black mists.


Once my background was done it was time to create the layers for my photo to sit on. I used a variety of the 'Mad About You' Everyday Etc filler cards, along with the 'Mad About You' frame (#47), and one of the coordinating page tabs. My title was fussy cut from one of the 'Mad About You' Everyday Etc cards.


I then used some of the pieces from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack and the coordinating Sticky Quotes sheet to add some extra interest around the page. The flair button is from the 'Mad About You' (Set #2), which I nested on some black thread and added a couple of bold enamel dots nearby.


To finish my page I added a couple of the small hearts wood veneers (which I coloured black) and some white Tiny Sticky Quotes.


I love how this page came together! And did I mention I love layers? (I think that doodled circle & spot background stamp from VLVS is my very favourite - I just can't seem to stop using it!)


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. If you haven't already checked out the new 'Mad About You' collection in the Flutterby Designs store (or the other new range 'Dec Documented 2016'), then scoot over HERE and take a look!
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: