Tuesday 22 November 2016

Chill Out | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!
Just popping in today to share another Endless Summer layout with you all. I am so in love with this collection with its soft tones, pretty patterns and super cute embellishments.
I decided to use this photo I took recently of my miss during an afternoon at the beach. (Being the little nerd she is, she had decided to sit herself in a tree and write rather than run around madly with her brothers.)

"Chill Out"

With her perched in a tree, I really couldn't go past the gorgeous woodgrain print side of the Sweet Treats paper for my background. I then used pieces of the Blue Skies and Sunbleached and papers to form a layered mat for my photo.


In my first embellishment cluster I used a combination of die cut ephemera pieces, a flair button, a small woodie, small wood veneer arrow and one of the beautiful blooms. I also popped in some messy cotton thread for some subtle texture. You can also see above a small wood veneer heart which I anchored to the main part of th layout with some hand stitching.


I also added a paper doily to my paper layers under my photo to soften all the straight lines, and a few hand stitched crosses for a little extra visual interest.


Beside and below my photo, I added more layered embellishments. To tie in with the previous cluster I repeated the used of ephemera, blooms, wood veneer, woodies and thread. I also used the chill out piece which was from the cut apart This & That paper as my title.


The Endless Summer collection is now available from select retailers (you can check the stockists page to find your nearest one), or alternatively, it is also available direct from the Cocoa Vanilla store.
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: