Tuesday 8 November 2016

The Good Life | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!
Just popping in today to share my first layout using the brand new (and oh-so-pretty) Endless Summer collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio! As summer is fast approaching here in Australia, this collection will be perfect for scrapping all those summer holiday photos with it's soft, gorgeous colors and cute retro feel.

I decided to start with a photo I snapped of my family earlier in the year enjoying hot chips after a day spent on the beach. It's always the perfect end to the day for us.

"The Good Life"

I used the beautiful 'Sunbleached' ombre paper as my background, which I first added a little mixed media to. I used one of my Faber-Castell gelatos applied with a waterbrush to add some subtle colour in the area where I was going to place my photo. I also used some of my Viva Las VegaStamps to add some extra depth to my background, and then splattered some mist around.


I then created a layered mat for my photo using pieces of the reverse sides of the 'This & That' and 'Sunbleached' papers; a paper doily and some gauze for extra texture.


I then used pieces from the die cut ephemera pack; accessory stickers; and one of the coordinating flair buttons to create small layered clusters to embellish my layout. (Isn't that flamingo the cutest?)


I also fussy cut a few flowers from the gorgeous 'Aloha Sunshine' paper to use around my page.


Here's a closer look at all those lovely layers....


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. The Endless Summer collection started shipping to retailers a few days ago, so should be hitting the shelves of your favourite store SOON! (If your favourite store doesn't have it, make sure you ask them to get it in!) ;)
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: