Saturday 21 July 2018

Happy Wife Happy Life | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone!
Today I am sharing my latest design team project created for Flutterby Designs - a mixed media scrapbook page created using Flutter Colour paints and the recently released 'Happily Ever After' collection. It also features a photo of my hubby and I (taken on our twin boys first day of school earlier this year).


I began my page by creating my background. I was inspired by some of the multi-coloured patterns featured in the 'Happily Ever After' collection and wanted to make a background using the same colour palette. I used Flutter Colour paints - Aquamarine Dream; Tropicana Teal; Green Limousine; Yellow Zest; Raspberry Punch; and Grape Soda. To apply the paint I worked in layers, adding swipes of colour with an old gift card and drying them off in between. I used horizontal and vertical swipes to help add to the "randomness" of the design. 


Over the top of the paint, I used the 'Happily Ever After' stencil, and applied some Colour Blast "Snow White" Colour Paste though it, which is lovely and subtle and perfect for backgrounds when you don't want the words or images overwhelming your page. 
I also added some torn pieces of the rainbow heart washi tape from the kit; and splattered some Colour Blast 'Calypso' Colour Artist Ink around my page.


I chose the multi-coloured square that had inspired my background from the 'Blanket Thief' 12x12" patterned paper as a mat for my photo; then added some extra layers using Everyday Etc filler cards from the range and some paper doilies.


I wanted to add an extra layer to my page, but didn't want to overwhelm the paint or papers I had used; so I added some die cut suns that I cut from white cardstock using a die from Uniquely Creative. (I thought the suns worked well with the "happy" theme and the shape looked great layered over the painted background.)
I also added fussy cut geo heart that I tucked into my layers.


I then added my title, which I had fussy cut from one of the Everyday Etc cards from the collection and placed it above and below my photo. (The little hearts piece was fussy cut from another card.) The snookums die cut was one I had left over from the 'Mad About You' Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack, and it worked perfectly here. I also added a white Tiny Sticky Quote above it.


I decided my hearts needed balancing with a third heart element on the left of my page; so I chose a Charms Creations handmade heart to add a little texture to the page.

To finish it all off, I stamped the date and used a grey felt pen to add my handwritten journalling. (I usually use a black pen, but I felt that the black would have dominated the page too much, so went with the soft grey instead.)


That's all from me today. Don't forget that with the annual Flutterby Designs 'Create by the Lake' retreat on this weekend, that the online store is closed until Thursday 26th July.
For all those attending I hope you are having an awesome weekend! (I am shattered I am not there with you all and to support Neet this year, but am there in spirit.)
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: