Tuesday 3 July 2018

Hello Awesome | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! Popping in today to share the second of my pages from my recent class at the Brisbane Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo using the ‘Boys Rule’ collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. Having a set of rough and tumble twin boys (who just turned 6 last week), I get super excited every time a new Cocoa Vanilla boy collection is released and I just can’t get enough of this one!


For this page I decided to document these photos of my boys doing their best “super hero” poses. (Usually, if I was doing a multi photo page I would print my photos smaller, but as this page was designed for a class, I decided to use two 6×4″ photos so it would be easier for the participants to have the right sized photos.)

I started with the reverse side of the Happy Go Lucky paper. I so love the grungy look of this dark wood grain / chalkboard pattern and I contrasted it with pieces of the striped Straight & Narrow paper. (I chose to use the stripes running vertically, rather than horizontally, to match the fence palings in the photos.)


I used a large piece from the Expressionist paper as a mat for my photos, which I layered with a variety of frames and a tag from the Die Cut Ephemera and Miscellany packs; as well as some Clear Stickers to add depth to my focal area. I then mounted my photos using scrap cardboard before adding them on top.


On top of my photos I added the super hero piece from the Die Cut Ephemera pack using foam tape. Beneath my photo, I also added a couple of stars from the pack, also using foam tape for dimension.


In the top left corner of my photo, I added a sticker from the Accessory Sticker sheet; which I layered with a rubber charm from the ‘You Rock’ Rubber Charms pack. (I love that you can easily mix and match items from other collections!)


Along the bottom edge of my page, I used the words hello and awesome from the Die Cut Ephemera pack to form my title; adding a star and an arrow from the same pack as well.


To finish off my page I used a watercolour pencil to add some grungy shading in places around the edges of my photos; then added some tiny splatters of Colour Blast 'Soot' Colour Artist Ink.

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this page with you, I hope you are feeling inspired to dig into your stash and create something today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: