Thursday 5 July 2018

Shine Brightly | Scrap the Girls July Challenge


Hi everyone!
I am popping in today to share my take on this month's challenge for Scrap the Girls. This month Krisy has put together a challenge called "Dark Inside" that looks like this....


I really loved this board, which may seem intimidating to some at first glance; but once you strip back the layers and focus on something that inspires you, really isn't that hard at all. The first thing that grabbed me was the colour palette - black, white, grey, pink, red. I was also taken with the grungy, painted look in the background behind the poppies. The other main influence I took from the mood board was the sad faces of the girls, which reminded me of a funny SnapChat photo I had taken. Now I had a photo, a colour palette, and a style & technique decided, I was off & running.

Here's what I came up with...


I started my page by creating my background. I used Flutter Colour paints from Flutterby Designs, which I swiped, smeared and smudged around my page using a palette knife, a brush, and my fingers. Once dry, I used stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps to add some structure and depth to my page.


I then used some Everyday Etc filler cards from the Flutterby Designs 'Flawsome' collection, that I cut and tore into pieces and layered on the background, along with some frayed gauze. I then cut around the silhouette of my photo and added a some scrap cardboard to the back before adding it to my page.


With my photo in place, it was time to add my title. I fussy cut the large shine brightly words from another of the Flutterby Designs 'Flawsome' cards.


I then added the rest of my title using a Flutterby Designs Sticky Quote, alphas, die cut; and some Cocoa Vanilla Studio alphas.


I wanted to tie in the "shine" part of the title a bit more; so I added some silver glitter foam asterisks from a Thickers pack; scattered sequins; splatters of Colour Blast 'Steel' Colour Shimmer Spray around my page.


Finally, I added some splatters of Colour Blast 'Soot' Colour Artist Ink around my age and I was done. 
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Don't forget you have until the end of the month to join in with this month's challenge. Up for grabs for our winner is a prize from The Resin Rainbow - so get those entries in!
I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: