Sunday 8 April 2018

#thisisawesome | Scrap the Boys April Challenge


Hi everyone!
After almost forgetting to share my take on last month's Scrap the Boys challenge, I thought I better get my act together a bit sooner this month! The April challenge at Scrap the Boys looks like this...


That's right! It's all about geometric this month! And here is my take on it...


As you can see, I went a bit mixed media crazy with this one! I started with some white cardstock and a hexagon stencil from The Crafters Workshop. I used the stencil and Colour Blast 'Saffron' Colour Spray to create a background on another sheet of cardstock (to be used for another project); before using the wet stencil to create a print with the excess spray. I then took the stencil and used some orange ink and a dauber to stencil some different sized hexagons; then used the stencil for a third layer, by tracing some out with a felt pen.

  
I then added some more layers using an eye chart stencil from Kinder Kreations with red ink and another Crafters Workshop stencil with black ink. I also added some stamping with my very favourite "Doodle Dots" stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps.
Next, I used my very favourite Flutterby Designs "Bubble O'Fun" stencil (last ones currently on clearance in store HERE); and some Colour Blast white heavy gesso; along with white paint pens to add some white circles. And finally, some doodled red hearts with a felt pen.


Now I had plenty of shapes going on, it was time to add some papery layers. I used patterned papers from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Totally Rad' collection along with some D-lish Scraps goodies - paper doily; paper bag; printed tag; punchinella and dyed muslin to create a mat for my photo. I also added some small pieces of torn washi tape around my page.


I used a Flutterby Designs wood veneer for my page title, which I coloured black using a Sharpie pen. I also added some Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Totally Rad' phrase stickers around my page.


To finish off my page I added a black and white Charms Creations star, which I topped with some messy cotton thread and a Flutterby Designs flair button.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Don't forget to play along with us for this challenge. Get your entries in by the end of the month and you will be in the running to win a store voucher from Cocoa Vanilla Studio! Head over to the Scrap the Boys blog for all the details and see what the rest of the team created HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: