Tuesday 17 April 2018

Ink'd | Scrap the Girls April Challenge


Hi everyone!
Today I am here to share my take on the April challenge for Scrap the Girls. This month, the challenge is all about YOU. Here's a look at the mood board (I bet you can guess exactly which part of it inspired me)...


I couldn't go past the Johnny Depp quote for the chance to document my most recent tattoo and the meaning behind it. I wanted to make sure I journalled all the reasons why I designed it like I did and about it's placement too. 


The remainder of my inspiration came from the tattoo itself. I wanted to reflect the colours and design on my page. I started with white cardstock and used Colour Blast Colour Artist Inks for my background - applying each colour one at a time and drying in between each one. I used the tattoo as a guide for the placement of each colour. I also added some small splatters of black over the top.


After the inks had dried, I added some stamping with black ink using some background stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps, and some butterfly stamps from my stash. I then cut a a couple of pieces of patterned paper ('Random' from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'You Rock' collection) and some frayed gauze before adding my photos on top. I also added a D-lish Scraps wood veneer frame that I coloured black and cut in half. I then tucked a piece at the top and bottom of my photos.


I then added a butterfly heart from Charms Creations; a few pieces of torn washi tape; and some phrase stickers and enamel dots from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I used some old Thickers placed directly onto my photo for my title.


To finish off my page, I added my handwritten journalling that explained the meaning of my tattoo. I am so glad I created this page so that I could document this for myself and my family.

I hope you will play along with our challenge at Scrap the Girls this month. To see what the rest of the team created for this challenge and check out the prizes on offer, head over to the STG blog HERE 
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

That is an amazing tat and I love the meaning behind it... beautiful layout to document it...