Saturday 31 March 2018

Wicked | Scrap the Boys March Challenge


Hi everyone!
Popping in to share my final post for the month, and it's my take on the Scrap the Boys March challenge, which is a sketh designed by Laura Whitaker. (I just realised I hadn't already shared it!) Today is your final chance to get your entries in, so make sure you get them loaded up! 
This is what the sketch looks like...


And this is my (twisted) take on it...


Rather than using a large star shape as shown in the sketch, I took inspiration from the star and used it as a theme for my page, which I carried through my papers and embellishments. I used the sketch as a rough guide for placement of the fussy cut stars, as well as the use of 3 photos (which I did as a collage) and I also included a tag in my layers.


The papers and embellishments I used are from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'You Rock' collection. I used the 'Night Sky' paper for my background, and added a dry brushed frame around the edge using Colour Blast white heavy gesso


I used pieces of the 'In Line'; 'Galactic' and 'Stripped' papers in my layers under my photo; then fussy cut lots of stars from the 'Starshine' paper to embellish my page with. I also used pieces from the die cut ephemera pack and stickers from the accessory sticker sheet - including the tag that I simply added a bit of twine to.


To finish off my layout and tie in the bright yellow colour from my photos, I used a Charms Creations star embellishment; which I topped with the wicked flair button from the 'You Rock' collection.

That's all from me today. If you don't already have your Scrap the Boys entry in, hurry, it closes tonight! Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: