Thursday 16 November 2017

Retreat Feet | Scrap the Girls November Challenge


Hi everyone!
I'm sharing a super fun layout today that I created for the November challenge at Scrap the Girls. This month's challenge is called "You can tell a lot about a girl by her shoes" and it looks like this...


As always, you can use the board to inspire you in any way you wish, but I took the theme quite literally...and had the perfect photo for it! The photo was taken during the "Tight & Bright" theme night at the Flutterby Designs retreat - quite fitting, seeing as Flutterby Designs is our sponsor this month too.

"Retreat Feet"

How cool does that background look? Well that's a little bit exciting too - they are some of the brand new Artist Inks from Colour Blast! This was the first time I used them. They were fun and easy to use, and I was sooo happy to see how vibrant they are. To achieve this effect I simply applied them using a paint brush with my cardstock held vertically and let the inks run down. 


Given that I used a Flutterby retreat photo and that Flutterby Designs are sponsoring this month, I HAD to use some Flutterby goodies on my page. I used several Everyday Etc cards cut into layers behind my photo; along with a page tab tucked into my layers and another stapled directly onto my photo. I also used two hearts from Charms Creations which I topped with Flutterby Snippet Strips.


Below my photo, I added more Flutterby goodies - a flair button which I nested on some cotton thread; and the "shoes" quote, which I cut from an Everyday Etc card.
My title was created using Cocoa Vanilla Studio alphabet stickers and to finish my page I splattered around some black Colour Blast ink and added a few stamped phrases.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope this month's mood board will inspire you to join in on the challenge. You have until the end of the month to get your entry in to be in the running for the prize. Check out all the details on the Scrap the Girls blog.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: