Wednesday 8 November 2017

Dream Big | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
It's time to share another design team project with you, and today I have a super pretty mixed media layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This page was created using the brand new 'Bohemian Dream' collection and my (neglected) Faber-Castell watercolour pencils. Which, as it turns out, was a match made in heaven! 

I wanted to document this sweet photo I captured of my daughter and our cat. She totally adores him (and likewise he her), and often I find them asleep together in her bed. 

"Dream Big"

I started with the wood grain print on the reverse side of the 'Kaleidoscope' paper as my base. I then took pieces cut from the 'Boho Bits' paper, along with pieces from the miniature version of the 'Beautiful Mess' paper from the 6x6" paper pad, and stuck them randomly around my page. 


I then took my watercolour pencils and sketched around and between each of the pieces, switching between different colours as I went. Once I had all the sketching in place, I went back over it with a small paint brush dipped in water to soften the lines and blend the colours out. 


Next, I cut a piece of the 'Gypsy Heart' paper from the 6x6" pad and placed it where my photo was going to go. I then added some messy cotton thread for soft texture before adding my photo on top. Above my photo, I tucked in the favourite tab from the die cut ephemera pack.


Then it was time to start adding some embellishments around my page. I was immediately drawn to the beautiful butterflies. (I am a huge fan of butterflies at the best of times, but the ones in this collection really have my heart - I wish I had a thousand of them!)



I managed to restrain myself to only five butterflies on the page. Two were from the chipboard accent sticker sheet; two from the die cut ephemera pack; and the final one (and my favourite), was the one below my photo which was fussy cut from the 'Boho Bits' paper. Below my photo was also the love you chipboard accent sticker sheet. 



I clustered a few of the butterflies with floral pieces from the ephemera pack. (The florals in this range are SO gorgeous!) Alongside my photo I also added the words you are best friends from the accessory sticker sheet, along with a chipboard heart.
To finish my page, I added a few hearts from the enamel shapes pack, and stamped the little moments phrase from the clear stamp set.

If you would like to get your hands on your own stash of the new 'Bohemian Dream' collection, you can find it in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio store HERE

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will have another project to share soon, so stay tuned. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: