Monday 19 June 2017

We Are the Parents | Flutterby Designs

Hi everyone!
Popping in to share my latest design team layout for Flutterby Designs using the new 'Xtreme Teen' collection. (The kits are sold out, but there are many items from the collection still available separately in the Flutterby store.) For this page, I was very drawn to the large parental advisory Everyday Etc card and knew I wanted to build my design around it. To go with it, I chose a photo of my friends and I taken at one of our parties. (When we all get together it's usually our kids who end up shaking their heads and rolling their eyes at our behaviour...sucked in kids! haha And yes, us girls are totally rocking our custom made "mole" shirts in this shot.)


I started my page by first creating my background. I used plain white cardstock, which I brushed with Colour Blast Black Heavy Gesso using a wide brush. I then used the new Flutterby 'Matrix' stencil to apply some Colour Blast Colour Paste (Royalty) to random areas of my page, and then I drizzled 'Yellow Zest' Flutter Colour paint over the top. I grunged it up further by splattering it with Road Base and Violet Colour Sprays and then  set it aside to dry.


Next, I turned my attention to the main focal area of my page, where I layered together the parental advisory Everyday Etc card; the ghetto blaster (fussy cut from another one of the cards); and some pieces of the filler cards. I used staples to attach the pieces to each other before adhering to my page, as they added to the grungy feel, and I also tucked some messy cotton around the edges to add some texture.


After I had my photo in place, I added one of the coordinating page tabs to it, which I also attached with staples; then I glued the hand from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack directly onto my photo. I also added the extreme sticker from the Sticky Quotes sheet to my parental advisory card. (The purple star tab sticker on my page was also from the same sheet.)


I then added a few more small embellishments - the rad flair button (from the 'Xtreme Teen set #1'); and the "danger" and "volume" symbols (both fussy cut from the coordinating Everyday Etc cards).


To finish off my layout, I added my title and subtitle using a combination of small alpha stickers and some foam Thickers from my stash. (I have to admit, I made myself laugh with this one - it's so true!)


That's all from me today, I hope I have inspired you to pull out your Flutterby stash and get creative this weekend. Stay tuned to the blog for more inspiration from our team, or head to the Flutterby Inspiration HQ group on Facebook to see more (or share your own!)
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: