Sunday 14 May 2017

Grow | Scrap the Boys May Challenge

Hi everyone! Popping in today to share my design team layout for this month's challenge at Scrap the Boys. As Mother's Day falls in May here in Australia, the challenge at Scrap the Boys is this...


This also means that we bend the "boys only" rule a bit this month and allow mums into the photos. Here is what I came up with...

"Grow"

I chose to document this photo of one of my boys and I when we were in the NICU. I decided to create a mixed media layout for this one, and with no real colours to dominate my colour scheme, I went with blue (as it's now his favourite colour).


I started by creating my background. I first did some stamping using stamps from Carabelle Studio and Viva Las VegaStamps; then added some Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust in Duke over the top. I then added some hearts using Colour Blast Colour Paste in Dusty Charcoal and one of my Flutterby Designs stencils; and some black splatters using my Colour Blast Colour Spray in Road Base.


Once dry, I added some small pieces of torn washi tape to my background before I then started adding my layers to go under my photo. I used some Cocoa Vanilla Studio patterned paper; a paper doily; black punchinella; and frayed gauze. I also added some Cocoa Vanilla chipboard frame pieces to give the layers some extra dimension and to help frame my photo.


Once I had my layers down, it was time to add all my embellishments. I used wood veneer pieces from D-lish Scraps and Cocoa Vanilla Studio, which I coloured black; as well as a ribbon bow, flair button and some small phrase stickers from Cocoa Vanilla. The large heart I used on the corner of my photo was from Charms Creations, and I layered a wood veneer arrow on top.


To finish off, I added my handwritten journaling and a scattering of Cocoa Vanilla sequins around my page.

I hope that lots of you will play along with us this month at Scrap the Boys. You don't have to have a son of your own either - you might like to scrap a pic of your mum with your brother; your husband with his mum; or any other male with his mum.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful photo and I love your arty back ground...