Saturday 8 April 2017

This Makes Me Happy | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! Popping in today with another design team project to share with you, this time for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. For this layout, I decided to combine the two most recent Cocoa Vanilla collections - Wild at Heart and Endless Summer. (Who would have thought that these two collections would mix so well together?) My page features a photo I took of my children when I took them to see "The Secret Life of Pets" movie.

"This Makes Me Happy"

I wanted to keep this layout relatively simple, to allow the soft colours of the papers and embellishments to shine, so I opted for a white cardstock background. I then created a mat for my photo using multiple layers of different patterned papers from the two collections, and a paper doily from my stash.


To add some extra dimension to my layers, I also added some chipboard frames from the Wild at Heart collection. I LOVE these frames - they are so versatile with the variety of patterns and sizes in each pack. You can see how I also added some messy cotton thread to my layers to add some subtle texture.


I used a combination of embellishments dotted around my page. This included die cut ephemera from both collections and some super cute rubber charms from Wild at Heart (these are a brand new addition to the Cocoa Vanilla range).


To help balance my design, I created a small cluster in the top right hand corner of my page. I repeated many of the same elements from my main focal area - layered patterned papers, a chipboard frame, die cut ephemera, a small phrase sticker and some cotton thread. I also added a flair button inside the chipboard frame.


Instead of using a large title for this page, I opted to use the small this makes me happy die cut tucked in above my photo for my title, alongside a cheeky little die cut flamingo. (Given the subject, I had to squeeze a sneaky little animal on there somewhere!)

To finish my page I added a few small triangles of patterned paper to break up the white space; my journaling; some stamping; and a few navy mist splatters.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to look at your stash and perhaps try combining some different collections too?
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: