Friday 16 December 2016

Together | Show Us Your Stuff December Challenge

Hi everyone!
Time for another design team share from me, this time for Show Us Your Stuff. Sadly, after 3 years of being with SUYS, the time has come for me to step down, so this will be my last project for this team. I have had a fabulous few years with this challenge, and have made so many friends from my time there. But as they say, all good things must come to an end, so I am hoping my take on this month's challenge ends my time with a bang.

This month, the challenge is to use the following sketch + the word together. (I rotated the sketch for my layout.)



"Together"

I love this group photo from 80's night at scrap retreat (we only just managed to pull ourselves together and stop laughing to get this shot!)

I couldn't deny the presence of the bright, fluro colours in the photo, so decided to base my background on them. I started by swiping some pink and orange Dylusions paints across my cardstock, which picked up the pink and orange in the photo beautifully. I then drizzled some aqua Flutter Colour paint randomly over the top.


Once all my paint was dry, I grabbed for some awesome rubber stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps. These added depth, as well as some humour and character into my page. Next, I added some small torn pieces of washi tape.


Once I was happy with my background, I started to build some layers where I wanted my photo to go. I used strips cut from Everyday Etc cards from Flutterby Designs to form my layered photo mat, and I also used a quote cut from one of them as a secondary focal point of my page.


On top of the layered paper strips, I added some wood veneer stars (coloured black) and hand-dyed muslin (both from D-lish Scraps); and coloured thread for texture before adding my photo. Next, I added a flair button, purple snippet strips and some heart stickers (all from Flutterby Designs).


That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by. I hope you pop this challenge on your To Do List this month - there is an awesome prize up for grabs! I will be back again soon with another creation to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: