Thursday 22 December 2016

Lazy Sundays | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!
Just popping in today to share another layout using the Endless Summer collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This collection is so perfect for documenting all those summer memories. My layout today features a recent photo of one of my boys that was taken as we enjoyed a BBQ by the beach on a Sunday afternoon. (Don't you love those lazy Sundays?)


I started with the super cute Blue Skies paper as my base, which I used to create a frame by adhering a smaller square of white cardstock on top of it. I then added some watercolour paint, as well as some subtle stamping using one of my fave Viva Las VegaStamps, where I knew the main focal area of my layout was going to be.


Next, I added a piece of the Coastal Chill paper, which I simply tore into a rough water drop shape (we were at the beach), rather than using a straight edge or geometric shape. I also cut some of the Aloha Sunshine paper as a mat for my photo, which I layered with a paper doily and then placed on top. I then fussy cut a few flowers from the Aloha Sunshine paper, which I tucked in under some of the edges of my torn piece. (There is always room for a few flowers on a boy layout!)


I really wanted to convey the theme of my page (and the memory) with my title, so I chose to use a longer, descriptive title. I used a mixture of tiny alphas (from a previous collection), ephemera pieces, alpha stickers, a word from the This & That cut apart paper and a puffy sticker to form "gotta love awesome lazy sundays".


To embellish my layout, I used a mixture of ephemera pieces, several woodies, and puffy stickers. I layered the elements using foam tape and by placing them on top of each other to provide extra dimension. I used a mix of warm and cool tones in my embellishments, to echo the presence of the both the warm and cool tones in my photo. (You can see how I clustered the warm and cool mostly together though, to help maintain visual balance.) I also added some white cotton thread for subtle texture.

Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 2017 design team call is now open, you can find all the details HERE

Til next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This layout is lovely Sue, and the photo is gorgeous, what a great smile! And I just want to wish you and yours a really Happy Christmas, filled with love and laughter!! And well done on your HM's for the masters comp, your layouts are outstanding!!