Tuesday 24 August 2021

Sweet Slumber | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi everyone, I know I have some catching up to do here. Life has been pretty complicated at my end lately and I have to admit, I have been struggling. I know there are lots of others out there who are also struggling for a variety of reasons, so I am sending hugs to all of you.

Today I am sharing the very first layout I created a little while ago using the new ‘These Days’ collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I have been crushing on this collection since Zoe revealed it, but I think I fell in love with it even more once the box was actually in my hands and I could touch everything. And believe me, there is SO much to love in this collection with more embellishments than we have ever had before!

I have to admit, whenever I get a new collection to play with I am always overwhelmed to start with because there is just so much to choose from, so it takes me a little bit of time to cut into it. It was for this reason that I decided to keep things simple for my first layout to document a sweet photo of my daughter and one of my sons taking a nap together on the couch.

I started my page with a sheet of white cardstock as the base and I chose two patterned papers to use for my background. The first was the beautiful watercolour striped Family Ties paper, which reminded me of the t-shirt my daughter was wearing in the photo. The second was the Wall of Fame paper, which features adorable hand drawn frames. I cut a couple of wide strips from each paper, distressed the edges a bit, and then adhered them to the cardstock in an alternating pattern, leaving a small space between each one.

I then matted my photo using the smaller scale version of the black and white floral print of the Neighbourhood paper from the A5 Paper Stack. I also added a white paper lace doily from my stash and some frayed gauze for soft texture.


Once my photo was in place I set about adding my embellishments around it. My plan was to create a cluster in the bottom left corner, the top right corner, and the bottom right corner. I used pieces from the Floral Ephemera pack to create my layered cluster in the bottom left corner, adding foam tape under some of the flowers for dimension. I also added a sweet little Wood Button in one of the flower centres.


In the top right corner of my photo I again used pieces from the Floral Ephemera pack as the basis of my layered cluster. This was where I also chose to place my title, overlapping the top edge of my photo. I used the word sweet from the Foam Title Stickers and paired it with the new Mini Puffy Alpha Stickers to form the word slumber. (I am in loooove with these alphas!) I also added a small blue butterfly from the Puffy Stickers nearby.


In the bottom right corner of my photo I used a few pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack – the sweet little house, the picture perfect moments banner and a small heart. I also added the little blue home flag from the Puffy Stickers set. I finished off with some of the tiny little black leaves from the Foam Title Stickers, my handwritten journaling inside one of the frames on the background paper, and some splatters of black ink.

If you would like to watch my process to see how it all came together, check out my video on my YouTube channel here:


Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: