Tuesday 28 January 2020

Love is Love | Scrap the Girls January Challenge


Hi everyone! Well the kids are finally back at school today, so at last I can get back to some sort of routine...and some serious craft time! hehe
Today I am sharing my take on the first challenge for the year at Scrap the Girls. This fabulous "Touchy Feely" challenge features an inspiration board that is full of colours, patterns and textures and provides plenty of scope for interpretation. 
Here's a look at it...


I couldn't go past the warm tones featured prominently in the first image, so I pulled out my Gelatos to create a background to start my page. I had some photos of my daughter and the fabulous sculpture she created for our school art gala that I wanted to document, as I knew they would work well with the bright colours.


I drew a freehand abstract design on my page with the Gelatos, then used a baby wipe to blend the colours around the page. In keeping with the inspiration images, I also added circles which I highlighted using my Stabilo All pencil, also adding some scribbles and marks. I also added some tiny black splatters of ink. 


Once I had my background sorted, I turned my attention to my photos and embellishments. For the photos, I grouped them together and then added some cardboard to the back to pop them up from the page. 


Underneath my photos I added some layers using small paper doilies (which I thought worked well with the circular elements pictured on the board); and a paper bag that featured a brushed blue tribal style pattern. This provided a great contrast to the red / orange / yellow that I already had on the page.


To help define my focal area, I used a couple of paper straws that I cut into pieces and tucked under the edges of my photos. This helps draw the viewer's eye into the photos. I also added a textural element to the page by tying the straw pieces together with twine.  


I dug through my stash and found a "vintage" lollipop from Charms Creations, that featured layers of felt and hessian, and added it on top of the circle to the right of my photo. I then turned it into a dream catcher style feature, by drawing with my All pencil and adding a few self adhesive red rhinestones.


To the left of my photos, I added another Charms Creations handmade embellishment, this time a yellow heart, which I topped with a flair button from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. For my page title, I couldn't go past using the title of my daughter's sculpture, and I used simple Cocoa Vanilla black alpha stickers.


To finish off, I added handwritten journalling using a black felt pen; then some epoxy heart stickers scattered around the page. 

I hope I have inspired you to join in with our challenge this month. Our fabulous sponsor for all our Aussie entries is Corbett Creations, so get your entries in to be in the running to win. You can see what else our DT created for this challenge by visiting the blog HERE

That's all from me today, I'll be back again soon with another share - I have some catching up to do!
Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: