Tuesday 19 November 2019

Journey to a Hangover | Scrap the Girls November Challenge


Hi everyone!
Today I am here to share my take on the November challenge for Scrap the Girls which is called "The Hangover". You choose your poison - books, retreat, alcohol...I am sure we have all suffered one kind of hangover or another (some of us more than one...haha)
Here's a look at the mood board...


And here is my take on it...


Lazy Friday afternoons and double vodkas...I call this "journey to a hangover".
Besides being inspired by the alcohol theme, I also drew inspiration for my colour palette and design from the arrows in the book hangover image.


I started my layout by creating a messy, watercolour style background. I used green and yellow Distress Oxides, which I swiped onto my craft mat, added a little water and swirled it through with my finger, before laying my cardstock over the top. I tried to keep the colour restricted to the centre area of my page. I also added splatters of pink and black. 


I then chose the Crate Paper 'Good Vibes' collection to begin building my layers. I used assorted pieces of patterned paper as well as pieces from the ephemera pack to create a fun, cascading design down my page.


I then added my black and white photos over the top (in descending order), using some scrap cardboard behind each one to pop them up from the page. I also added some messy black cotton thread to add some extra contrast and texture.


To finish off my layout I added some cork stars from the 'Good Vibes' ephemera pack, then a flair button and some enamel dots from my stash. A quick line of handwritten journaling and I was done!



For more details about this month's challenge, or to see what the rest of our clever team came up with for this one, visit the Scrap the Girls blog HERE

**Design Team Call**
If you would like to join the Scrap the Girls team in 2020 and help inspire others, I would encourage you to apply, it's a great team to be part of! You can find all the requirements HERE

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: