Monday 24 June 2019

Totally Awesome | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone,
Popping in today to share a recent design team layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio for the regular "Throwback Thursday" feature. For this page I decided to go back and re-visit the 'Totally Rad' collection from 2016 and paired it with some acrylic paint and a few recent photos of my boys.

I actually created this one while I was at the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Creative Escape' retreat in Coffs Harbour last month. It was such a fabulous weekend – awesome people, beautiful surrounds, and so relaxing. And a big thank you to all the ladies that attended my class there – you really made my job easy and so much fun!


My page began with the reverse side of the ‘Stellar’ paper (one of my favourite wood grain prints of all time) as the background; and I added a few swipes of black acrylic paint using a wide brush. This was to define the focal area, and help the papers I planned to use on top pop from the background.


I used a mix of the Line Up and Happy Snaps papers over the top of the paint as a mat for my photos. (You can see how without the addition of the black paint that the warm tones of the papers would have blended with the warm background and lacked that “pop” I wanted.)


On top of my patterned paper pieces, I added some pieces of messy black cotton for texture, before arranging my photos on top. (My photos were backed with some scrap cardboard for extra dimension.)
To embellish my page, I used few small pieces from the cut apart Mix Tape paper; along with pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack and stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet. I used foam tape under several of the pieces, including the title words, to help them pop.

I finished off with a couple of Wood Veneer shapes, a cute little camera Woodie and a few splatters of black ink.
Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to bust some of your own Cocoa Vanilla stash, or even pull out something new and get creative. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

JMN said...

Awesome layout, I just had to Pin It.