Thursday 11 April 2019

Simply Amazing | Scrap the Girls April Challenge


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my take on the April challenge at Scrap the Girls. This month's challenge is called "Knock Your Socks Off" and it's about you at your best! I chose to document some photos of my daughter when she was all dolled up and wearing a pretty dress. (This is a rare occurrence for my little tomboy, and I was lucky to capture these just before she went off to a high tea birthday party.) 


I began this layout using a variety of products from Colour Blast - first, I chose the Fearless patterned paper from the 'Graffiti Grunge' collection as my base. Next, I used some 'Blush' Colour Paste, which I spread in small amounts randomly around the page using palette knife. I then added some stamping to my page using black ink and the 'Peony Dreams' stamp from Colour Blast.


Once the paste and ink had dried, I set about creating some layers for my photos to sit on. I gathered together some more pieces of patterned paper from the "Graffiti Grunge" collection and cut them into different shapes and sizes. I also fussy cut some of the tags from the Perfect Tags paper, then tied them off with green paper string. I then layered the tags and paper pieces over some pale pink tissue paper and tucked in a pale pink paper doily.


I then topped off the layers with some frayed gauze and messy black cotton - both for added texture, before adding my photos on top. Next, I added some small pieces of torn floral washi tape (from Chiyogami Designs) and some snippets of punchinella, which I secured in place with staples.


For my title and embellishments, I used various pieces from a couple of packs of die cut ephemera - one from Kaisercraft and the other from the Reject Shop. I tucked pieces in amongst my layers under and around my photos. I also added some small pieces of twisted pink wire (again, secured with staples); and a sequin bow under the bottom edge of my photo - both from D-lish Scraps.


To finish off my page I added a scattering of sequins; a few green butterfly stickers (these are From a Mothers Art by Kelly-ann); and then a few stamped phrases and my handwritten journalling.
I was really happy how this one came together and the balance between girly and grunge.

I hope you will join in with this month's challenge. We have the fabulous Charms Creations sponsoring us (and even though I didn't end up using a Charms embellishment on this page, you already know how much I love them!) Check out all the challenge details, plus inspiration from the rest of the design team on the Scrap the Girls blog.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Gasper C&J painting vault said...

Amazing. I love your background!
----------------------------------------
A day without scrapbooking is a lost day. - Author Čestitka za rojstni dan