Monday 29 April 2019

Happy Easter | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! 
Just wanted to "hop" in and share a layout that was designed for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I was recently tasked with an "Easter" theme on the CVS blog, so I decided to do some stash-busting and pull out the 'Make a Wish' collection - largely because I knew it had that super cute little bunny it! Despite the fact that it is actually a birthday themed collection, the colour palette of this range is perfect for Easter pages; and it could easily be used for all sorts of other occasions.


I chose the gorgeous watercolour style pattern on the reverse of the Hip, Hip Hooray paper as my base, and then dry-brushed some Dina Wakley 'Ocean' acrylic paint where I wanted my focal area to be. I also watered down some extra paint and then used a soft, round brush to splatter it onto my page from a bit of height. (Tip - this step is definitely an outside activity peeps! hehe)


I then used strips of various papers (Hip, Hip Hooray; Party Mix; Loot Bag; and Fresh Cutwhich I layered together horizontally over the top of the paint so that only the edges of the painted area were peeking out.

I took the three photos of my kids, and framed two of them using small polka dot frames from the 'Make a Wish' chipboard accent stickers, and then framed the third using a spotty frame from the 'Wild at Heart' chipboard frames. I layered the frames together; using foam tape to support the outer two and help pop them up from the page. I also added some messy cotton thread underneath the frames to add some soft texture to the page.


I added a few assorted pieces from the die cut ephemera pack and the chipboard sticker sheet onto my layers, before adding the large "oh yeah" sentiment that I had fussy cut from the Party Mix paper near the top of my page. From the same paper, I also fussy cut a cute party hat; the word "happy"; and the little rabbit. I then used "happy" and the rabbit paired with some of the coordinating alphabet stickers to form my page title.


To finish off, I added a few of the small word / phrase stickers from the 'Make a Wish' Accessory Sticker sheet around my page. Despite the fact that a number of items from the 'Make a Wish' collection are now sold out, there are still more than enough pieces available in the Cocoa Vanilla store to create some beautiful pages with. Pop over and see what's available HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: