Tuesday 3 January 2017

H & K | Flutterby Designs

Hi everyone! Popping in today to share my first layout for Flutterby Designs for 2017. This one features a photo of my boys that I took recently as I dropped them off for daycare. No reason - a "just because". Sometimes those photos are the best ones, aren't they?
I used the Mad About You collection for this one - proving that this range doesn't have to be just for those you are mad about, it can also be for the ones who drive you mad! ;)


I started by adding a bit of colour to a sheet of patterned paper using some Flutter Colour paints. (I applied simply by spreading them across my page with a palette knife.) Once dry, I added some Colour Blast Colour Paste through one of my Flutterby mini stencils on top of the paint, and then topped that off with a drizzle of pink Flutter Colour paint.


I adore this together Everyday Etc card - I have to admit I have been hoarding it until now because I loved it so much. I layered it on top of a hot pink Filler Card (which I also used part of behind my photo) to help pick up the pink from the heart on it.


Besides the Filler Card, you can also see I used part of a frame from the Mad About You Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack under my photo, which I topped with some messy thread and a gorgeous flair button. Above the photo, I added a Page Tab and the cute die cut geotag (also from the Bits & Bobs pack).


I embellished directly onto the photo using an offcut from a Filler Card, a sticker from the Mad About You Sticky Quick Quotes sheet, and a rainbow heart sticker.


I really wanted to use the & card as part of my title, so decided to fussy cut it out and then use another Filler Card to handcut the H and K from, which I attached with some tiny staples. On top of the ampersand I added a Tiny Sticky Quote and a die cut heart.


For the final part of my layout, I added a couple more of the Sticky Quick Quotes stickers, a tiny Sticky Quote and another die cut heart. I used a wood veneer circle (which I coloured white with a Posca pen) to highlight the "you drive me crazy" quote. After that, a few black splatters of mist and I was done!

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. *A reminder that the Flutterby Designs store is currently closed for the Christmas / New Year break and will be back online on Wednesday the 11th January.*
I will be back soon with another creation to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This looks fabulous, I love the colors and of course the adorable photo too! I hope your week is going well!