Saturday 16 April 2016

Show Us Your Stuff April Challenge!

Hi everyone! Just popping in to share my Design Team layout for this month's challenge at Show Us Your Stuff. This month's challenge has been designed by the lovely Deena Otway from our DT and looks like this...


Confession time: Although I have a reasonable amount of stamps in my stash, I am not usually much of a stamper. *hangs head in shame* So this challenge was the perfect push I needed to drag some of them out and get them dirty. I decided that seeing as I was going to be making a mess with my stamps, I may as go the whole way and drag out my paints as well.

Besides using traditional stamps on my layout, I also used my stencils to "stamp" by turning them over and stamping off the excess paint elsewhere on my layout.

Here is what I created...


I used a bit of a random mix of embellishments on this layout. Wood veneers are by Cocoa Vanilla Studio, Heidi Swapp and Amy Tan.


Die cut ephemera is by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.


To cover the handmade criteria, I used a Charms Creations star and a Cocoa Vanilla Studio flair. The Freckled Fawn geo tag paper clip and red tissue paper are from D-lish Scraps. The stamps are a mix of Amy Tan, Glitz Designs, Studio Calico and Crate Paper. (And a date stamp from my newsagent as well.)


So there you have it! My (messy) take on this month's challenge at Show Us Your Stuff. I hope you will join us and show us what you can do with stamps. Remember that you are not limited to traditional layouts for this challenge - we welcome all crafters! So cards, art journal spreads, pocket pages, canvases and off the page items are also welcome! Entries need to be linked up via the SUYS blog by midnight, 30th April.
Happy scrapping!

No comments: