Wednesday 19 November 2014

D-lish Scraps November Inspiration Board

Some months it seems like the only scrapping I ever do is all for my DT commitments. Now don't get me wrong, I love being part of the teams I am on, and I really love that I have multiple opportunities to share my work and connect with people BUT sometimes its nice to create something that's not a "have to" or that I'm not under any pressure to get it finished in time.

So, I was determined this month to play along with at least one challenge just for myself. Top of my list was the D-lish Scraps Inspiration Board. (Of course, the fact I managed to snag one of this month's sold out "Just Add Paper Kits" that was perfect for it, probably helped too.)
Here is the board...


And here is my take on it...

{Papers by Crate Paper; Echo Park; Teresa Collins; Kaisercraft; Basic Grey; American Crafts;
Transparency by Hambly Screenprints; Die cuts from Heidi Swapp & American Crafts; Alphas by American Crafts}

I loved this board! Besides the colours, I also used the sketch to start (although I did deviate a bit). Specifically, the cushions inspired me to combine a mix of floral & patterned papers, including a strip of chevron; whilst the gold dots on the wedding cake immediately made me think 'gold sequins'; and just about every image on the board screamed 'layer upon layer' to me, so that's just what I did!

I did have a slight dilemma whilst creating this layout - I was in two minds about how best to use my D-lish kit. Did I "go for broke" and use as much as I could from my kit, or did I savour the contents and spread it across lots of layouts? (It's probably at this point I should make a small confession - I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to my supplies.) You can probably now guess I opted for the latter. ;)

Anyway, I did manage to use quite a few D-lish goodies on my layout - gold glitter flag & scalloped trim; flair; flowers; washi and a quote from the Minifetti word sheet...





So happy I got to play along with this challenge! :)

4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks really lovely Sue, the colors and the gold look fabulous and gota love the photo too.. thanks for joining in with the D-Lish mood board challenge this month!

Lynn Good said...

The photo made me smile! Beautiful layout. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at D-lish Scraps

Sandra said...

Such a cute photo and your use of the kit is great, lovely layout.

Chloe said...

Hehe, what a great pic, Sue! Love your page too (and I'm a hoarder too, so I totally "get" it!!) Thanks for joining in at D-lish for November :)